Monday 18 May 2015

Blogger Appreciation - Round 3

It’s time again for the blogger appreciation post. For the third instalment, I will be introducing to you Tia Bach and SammyJoe Dube.

Thanks for the Spark

“At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” Albert Schweitzer

What’s a fire without that first spark? And how does it continue without continued support?

Since I was a little girl, I’ve filled notebook after notebook with words and read as many books as I could get my hands on. Then one day, a teacher pushed me for to consider writing as more than just a hobby.

Fast forward to the day I decided to write a novel. Every time I almost gave up, almost thought my words weren’t important enough, there was a reader or blogger who sparked my passion again. Without them, I wouldn’t have gone past book one.

All of our lives are extremely busy. To know that a reader takes the time to read my work is amazing. Then, for that reader to go another step and write a review or blog post, well, that’s the kind of spark that can keep this girl writing for a long time.

Time is precious, and for someone to carve out a piece of it to pass on their love of words and books. Awesome! I find myself inspired every day by people who fall in love with books and share their passion and excitement. I am a reader who picks most of her books by word of mouth, so some of the best gifts in my life have been the books someone recommended.

Thanks to everyone who keeps the passion of words and books alive by spreading the spark. Please know that many people’s lives are made brighter by your recommendations, enthusiasm, commitment, and generosity. In addition, many authors are spurred to write even better books to give back just a little.

Kudos to the readers and bloggers who spark the flames and keep them raging!

And then there was an interview…

1. First off, tell us who you are. Let us know a little bit about yourself. 
I'm originally from Zimbabwe and have been living in SA for the last 7 years. I'm the 3rd of six girls. I've been blogging for 4 years. I love jelly babies, reading though I watch more TV than I read. I enjoy adventure and learning new things which is why I'm blog for City-sighting seeing red bus blog. What better way is there to see the city and have adventure. I'm working hard at not being a procrastinator so I can discover more about myself and what I'm capable of. 

2. Why do you blog about books? 
I blog about books as part of my lifestyle as my blog is a life style blog focusing on my aim to achieve my goals and I believe books will help me to grow. 

3. What books are your favourites?
Which author do you thank most for making you a book lover? Mmmm this is tough one but I'll say the Clifton Chronicles by Jeffrey Archer I've only read two of the seven books just found out there's 7 of them. Enid Blyton is the author that got me reading and to love reading The Famous Five was the best. 

4. Where can we find you? Twitter? Website? Any sort of social media platform.
Facebook page: Under construction

5. What is the hardest part about being a blogger/reviewer? 
The hardest part for me personally is not having enough time to read the books which why I started the blog as way to get things done by documenting them. Also not having money to buy the books I want to read. 

6. Besides blogging what else do you do? Do you work? Are you a parent? Do you walk your cat on the moon? (This will totally be a thing one day.) 
I'm working full time as a debtors clerk and studying part time for my junior bookkeeping certificate. 

7. What do you, as a blogger, do for the community? 
I think I help put information out there that has a personal connection to it. People can relate to me because I am a real person who they interact with.


Thank you ladies! See you again on Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment